Friday 22 April 2011

Insomniac

Since I've been working as a school teacher, having the holidays and all, it just didn't feel right to take sick days. So I've been going to work with a bad cold for the past two days (holidays start tomorrow at 2PM).

Because I haven't been able to do much more than crash after work and spend my afternoons in a coma for these past two days, I've been having trouble sleeping at night. Tonight, having watched Gilmore girl's for the umpteenth time, having read a few chapters of Flanagan's The Sound of One Hand Clapping and talking on the prohe to a guy who was just coming home from work, and still not being able to not toss and turn in my bed, I turned on the TV just in time to catch the last two song on Alternative Nation: Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) and Elbow - One Day Like This.

I know the first one by heart and I often quote it. The second just seems to promise a great new beginning for me or at least a nice day tomorrow. I'll take either.


No comments:

Post a Comment