Wednesday 27 October 2010

I just can't keep away

I'm in Spain. Again. Second time in 4 months ant third in about 10 years. Everyone asks me if I really love Spain. I love it as much as I love travelling and going somewhere other than home, but truthfully, it was an accident. In July we went for the Bilbalo festival and I found the Basque region enchanting. This time it's a cheap vacation that also allows kiteborading and here I am again, this time in Tarifa.

The thing I've noticed about the Spanish is that as hearty and charming as they are, they can also be (most of them unintentionally) very ignorant. Forget speaking any foreign languages, they don't need to. They still drive their cars everywhere, even in the old part of town where most European cities have banished it. They all have dogs (hundreds of dogwalkers every morning tread the beach) and they all let them shit on the sidewalk and anywhere else for that matter. And they barely recycle.

Other than that, it a perfect place for a fall vacation. I'm sitting outside, sipping coffee in a skirt and short sleeves on the 27 Octobre and hearing news from Slovenia of early snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment